Monday, April 4, 2011

Unremovable Sump

As I mentioned in a previous post, I did not wind up using the canister filter that I purchased. Instead, I opted for a sump in which I could place a heater and a skimmer and other miscellaneous equipment. I then had a debate over what size sump that I wanted to use on my setup.  I could put a 10 gallon aquarium in there and would still be able to remove it through the doors of the stand, or I could have a 20 gallon tank that I would not be able to remove. Since a 20 gallon tank would add more overall water volume to the system and thus more stability I figured that would be the way to go.  I also knew that I would have more room for overflow from the display tank in the event of a power outage.  Therefore I decided to go with the 20 gallon sump that I could not remove.  I put it in the stand before putting the top on the stand and the display tank on top of that.   A friend at work was tearing down his 20 Gallon high aquarium and was willing to give it to me for free. That settled it and I was on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment