Friday, April 8, 2011

Preparing to fill your new Reef Tank

Time for any last minute thoughts about design, plumbing, feng shui, etc.  Once you fill that baby up it's not going to be moved without draining it.  You will want to make sure that your stand is level and stable.  Check your tank one last time.  Look at the glass, the corners, the edges, check the seals for inconsistencies that may lead to leaks.  An ounce of prevention...  Let's just say you don't want a VERY wet carpet.  Once you're sure that everything is ready, give your tank a good bath with RO water. Wipe out any excess dust or manufacturing debris and peel that lovely UPC sticker off the tank.  Goo Gone is a  good tool for this.  This is also when you may wish to consider a background for the tank.  Some people choose to paint their tank, others choose to apply a background.  I simply went with a blue background. Sometimes I wish I would have painted it but other times I'm glad that I didn't.  Overall I think I made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment