Friday, April 1, 2011

Budgeting For Your New Reef Tank

Normally I am a math nerd.  I drive my wife nuts with facts and figures.  I keep a spreadsheet of expenses and gripe when we go over on anything.  This did not happen with the tank. Not even close. You see, I also have a slightly impulsive side.  I think it's just the kid in me. When I see something that really catches my interest I have to get it, and I have to get the best, or at least close to the high end of good.  I just kind of jumped in.  One local retailer was having a $1.25/gallon sale on all aquariums and of course many accessories were also on sale.  I could not have imagined how much it would cost to get this thing set up properly.  My advice is read as much as you can before you begin, then save the cash to do it.  It will save you immensely in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment