Friday, April 8, 2011

Aquascaping a 65 gallon Tank

Now that I had purchased my rock it was time to consider how I was going to arrange it in the tank.  This is known as aquascaping the tank.  It was my first experience with aquascaping a reef tank and also with large quantities of rock, so I had a friend help.  Together we stacked and analyzed the stability of the rock and how it would look in the tank.  When we found a good fit for everything and took a photo of it.  We took care to note the place of each rock so we could remember where they went when we transported them to the tank.  Some people use glue or epoxy along with fiberglass rods to keep their rock from moving.  This is especially useful if you are planning a large tank with large overhangs.  I decided to keep it simple since I was new to reef keeping and I know that I'll end up moving things around at some point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment